CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 29, 2010

Long Awaited Recap.....I know it's about time!

I guess life got away from me and I have been so busy I have been a horrible blogger, but today I will do my best since we are snowed in to update this blog with our year in review.

Memorial Day in OKC
Starting with our Trip to Oklahoma City to visit Justin's sister Laura and her kids on Memorial Day weekend. We had a great time spending time with her family and going to the Oklahoma City Zoo, which by the way is so big with so much to see we didn't make it over to the Aquarium, maybe next time. We went to Bricktown as well and had a great day visiting all the stores and taking a boat ride down the "river". Towards the end of the day a HUGE thunderstorm rolled in so we waited it out with an awesome barbecue dinner at Earls.





Allison turned 10, went to Camp and then we went to see the JONAS Brother's!
Yes, this has been a big year for Miss Allison it's hard to believe she is actually closer to 11 now. So far she has survived her first year of middle school and done pretty well. She is involved in volleyball and has decided she Loves to ski which of course makes her momma very proud. She went to Hidden Falls Ranch again with her friends Emily and Whitley and had a blast away from the parents as usual. We left the day after she was back from camp and headed to the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium with the girls for her long awaited birthday present....the JONAS BROTHER'S! We had a blast and for once she wasn't embarrassed of me which is always a bonus at this age!





The kids and I headed to Sunny Arizona....
In July the kids and I flew out to Arizona to see my sister, mom, and nephew. It was Colton's first airplane ride and Allison's 10 millionth...oh how we miss flying for free...those were the days! We had a great week complete with Mukutu's Island, The Phoenix Children's Museum, Amazing Jakes, Swimming with the Hines family and a wonderful reunion with my best friend from high school, Kelly, and her son Mason. I sure do miss being able to fly out there whenever I felt like it.




Fall brought with it alot of proud moments, My great-grandmother turned 102, and our hearts remembered my grandmother that shared the same birthday as my granny but passed in the spring.
We found a church home which is something we had been planning to do for a long time. We joined South Georgia Baptist Church and are so happy that Allison is enjoying it so much. She continues to learn and grow in Christ and also made a very BIG decision to be baptized . We are so proud of her.

My Baby Boy turned 2!
Colton celebrated his 2nd Birthday with a Thomas the Train party. He took a nap at the perfect time and woke up to Thomas all over the house.....his face was priceless. We had a house full of kids complete with almost all of his cousins. It was a blast but still hard to believe he is already 2 years old!





Crazy Holiday Season....
We had a fast and furious Holiday season but managed to pretty much spend time with all of our dear friends and family. We had several "white elephant" parties and get-togethers so we were going going going pretty much every weekend in December...









I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and is having a Very Happy New Year so far.....and I hope this year I can keep this blog a little more current!




0 comments: