CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Weekend




We spent the entire Memorial Day Weekend hanging out together as a family. Sunday we went to Shamrock to visit my sister and her fiance. My older sister and kids also went. We had a great time. We went down by the river and the kids played and played and played some more. The water was so clear and warm, even Colton decided to play. He wasn't quite sure about the sand at first but once he was used to it he splashed around alot too. It was so nice to just get away. We definately don't do it often enough. All of the kids are growing up so fast, it won't be long before they think they are too big to hang out with us old folks. So it's nice to give them these memories to take with them later and hopefully teach them to spend quality time with their kids the same way someday. I know I have alot of fond memories of camping, vacations, and lake trips that are tucked away in my heart and mind forever. And yes there was also a time when I thought I was too cool for that stuff and now I live for it. It's funny after those stubborn teen years pass how you one day see how they were just a mere blur of your life. Anyway this weekend was a great start to what I hope will be a wonderful summer full of great memories! Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday weekend!

All the kids wrestling Uncle Danny!!

0 comments: